George Mason University's Center for the Arts
4373 Mason Pond Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
The Center for the Arts is located on the Fairfax campus of George Mason University, six miles west of Beltway exit 54, at the intersection of Braddock Road and Route 123. Always remember to allow extra time when driving as area traffic can be unpredictable and check our website for any alerts. We encourage you to arrive early and make the most of your visit with our pre-performance discussions.
Directions from the Capital Beltway (I-495): Take exit 54A, Braddock Road West (Route 620). Follow Braddock Road West for approximately six miles. After crossing over Roberts Road, take the second right on Roanoke River Road.
- To Lot K (free parking): Lot K will be on your left.
- To Mason Pond Parking Deck, continue straight, then turn left on Mason Pond Drive. The parking deck is on the right hand side, just past the Center for the Arts.
Directions from I-66E (Fairfax County and points West): Exit I-66 at the Fairfax County Parkway South (Route 286 – Old Route 7100). Exit the Parkway at Braddock Road, and turn left onto Braddock Road. Turn left onto Route 123 (Ox Road).
- To Lot K (free parking): Take the first right turn onto Mason Pond Drive. Exit the traffic circle to the right. Lot K is the second parking lot on the right.
- To Mason Pond Parking Deck: Go halfway around the traffic circle and continue on Mason Pond Drive. Mason Pond Parking Deck is on the left.
Directions from I-66W (Washington, DC, Arlington, and points East): Take exit 60 at Route 123 South, Chain Bridge Road. Follow Route 123 through the City of Fairfax, and turn left at University Drive.
- To Lot K (free parking): Take the first right onto Aquia Creek Lane. At the stop sign, turn right on Patriot Circle. When you come to a traffic circle, go halfway around the traffic circle to continue on Patriot Circle. Lot K will be on your right.
- To Mason Pond Parking Deck: Take the first right onto Aquia Creek Lane. At the stop sign, turn right on Patriot Circle. When you come to a traffic circle, go around three quarters of the traffic circle and take the exit onto Mason Pond Drive. The Mason Pond Parking Deck is immediately on your left.
Metro, Shuttle and Cue Bus
Plan your trip via Metro, Mason Shuttle and/or the CUE Bus by clicking on the respective links.
Directions by Public Transportation:
Take Metro to the Center for the Arts. Take the Orange Line to the Vienna Fairfax-GMU Metro Station. After coming up the escalator and passing through the turnstile, take the left exit that points towards the bus pickup and take any of the CUE Buses ($1.75) or the Mason Shuttle to Mason's Fairfax Campus. Please allow for extra time as Metro is often performing track work as part of the SafeTrack project. For information for passengers with disabilities, please visit Metro's accessibility website.
Mason Shuttle: Shuttles to the Fairfax campus leave the North side of the Vienna Metro station on the hour and half-hour. Shuttles from campus to the Vienna Metro Station leave Mason Into on the hour and half-hour and then stop on Patriot Circle near Mason Hall immediately after. Mason Shuttle information and schedule
Please note that the holiday and summer seasons can often mean limited shuttle schedules or service, or no service at all.
CUE Bus:The fare-based CUE Bus has a pick-up and drop-off location on the north end of campus, just west of the Rappahannock River Parking Deck. The walk from this location to the Center for the Arts is approximately 7-10 minutes at a leisurely pace (and a great way to see more of the ever-growing Mason campus). Visit the Cue Bus website for more details about the CUE Bus schedule & service.
Taxi: If you would like to request a taxi for after the performance, please let a house staff member know at the courtesy desk (to the left of the Ticket Office). House staff members will call to request the taxis during the performance.