Connecting Artists and Audiences
Each year, the Center for the Arts invites several artists and ensembles with distinctive and innovative artistic voices to make Mason their home for a residency.
Each Artist-in-Residence will participate in a variety of activities, designed to engage and inspire the diverse audiences both on and off the campus of George Mason University. Learn more about the Mason Artist-in-Residence program.
The following five artists have been chosen to participate in the Artists-in-Residence program in conjunction with their performances at the Center for the Arts in the 2021/2022 season.
- Kaneza Schaal, visionary director and co-creator of CARTOGRAPHY
- Sphinx Virtuosi, the dynamic self-conducting chamber orchestra of top Black and Latinx musicians
- Camille A. Brown & Dancers company members
- Caleb Teicher, acclaimed choreographer, with Lindy Hop champions Evita Arce, LaTasha Barnes, and Nathan Bugh performing Swing Out
- Maria Schneider, 2019 NEA Jazz Master
We believe in the power of the Arts to create community, and look forward to welcoming these incredible artists this season! More information about how you can engage with the Artist-in-Residence program will be posted here as it becomes available.
- Sign up for email updates from the Center for the Arts to stay informed about this program and all of the activities at the Center.
- Read about the 2020/2021 residencies