For over a quarter century, the Center for the Arts has offered internationally-renowned artists to the community—providing performances, community arts experiences, master classes, and our ever-popular Pre-Performance Discussions series.
All of our success and programs are made possible through the support of those like you! Ticket sales cover only a portion of the cost of bringing world-class performing arts to our community. Your contribution helps us remain affordable and diverse for years to come!
Financial Benefits of Giving
Your commitment to our work is your most important reason for making a contribution. Once you have made that decision, it is natural that you should consider the financial benefits of your gift. There are several:
- Save income taxes. To encourage private contributions, our government allows you to deduct them on your income tax return, provided you itemize.
- Reduce estate and probate costs. Gifts to the Center for the Arts, either now or after your lifetime, avoid the federal estate tax without any percentage limitation.
- Receive a life income. The federal government allows you to designate your gift now and secure a current income tax deduction while you receive a life income for yourself and even one or more survivors.
- Unlock appreciated investments. You may have assets that have grown in value but have a low yield. You can create a gift that provides you with an income for life, and for most gifts you will not incur an income tax on your capital gains.
- Increase your yield. If you sell highly appreciated securities, and pay capital gains tax, you will have fewer assets to reinvest to produce income. If you contribute these same assets to a life income plan, the tax savings can increase your effective yield.
- Secure professional management. With a life income plan, the trustee you select handles the investment responsibilities associated with the assets you contribute.
Your gift demonstrates your appreciation for the important role the arts play in our lives and our community and ensures a bright future for the Center for the Arts. We thank you for your generous support!
For questions or more information about giving to the Center for the Arts, please contact:
Cody Clarke, Development Coordinator