Current Employment Opportunities
Please find below a list of open positions at George Mason University's Center for the Arts. To view the position details and/or apply to an open position, click on the position title and it will take you to the appropriate page on jobs.gmu.edu.
There are currently no open positions at the Center for the Arts.
Fall 2020 Marketing Internship
The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at George Mason University seeks a qualified marketing and communications intern for the fall 2020 semester. This position will work with the CVPA, Center for the Arts and Hylton Performing Arts Center marketing staff to promote performances, events, and programs.
Internships may have various areas of focus including:
- General marketing support including reviewing and editing patron-focused communications;
- General publicity support including compiling earned media coverage, updating press contacts, and entering events into external calendars;
- Digital Marketing initiatives such as Google AdWords and social media content development;
- Multimedia (videography/photography) collection support;
- Email Marketing editing.
12-15 hours/week minimum preferred. Scheduling is flexible and all work will be done remotely. Internships are unpaid.
- Ability to independently manage a time-sensitive project;
- Strong editing/proofreading skills;
- Familiarity with MS Office applications (Mac experience is a plus).
- Familiarity with social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube);
- Familiarity with and/or experience with paid search marketing ads.
For full consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to Kirstin Franko by August 14, 2020.