Facility Rental Process
Welcome to the
Center for the Arts
The Center for the Arts is comprised of the Concert Hall, Lobby, Grand Tier III, de Laski Performing Arts Building, Harris Theater, TheatreSpace, and multiple Art Galleries. Regardless of the venue that you choose for your event, our staff's main goal is to make your event the best it can be.
Below you will find a brief outline of the facility rental process. Please contact the CFA Events and Scheduling Desk with any additional questions at 703-993-3729.
- First, complete and return the Rental application. Applications can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 703-993-8883 or mailed to:
Center for the Arts
Attn: CFA Events and Scheduling Coordinator
4400 University Drive, MSN 4C1
Fairfax, VA 22030
The Venues within the Center for the Arts at George Mason University are used by the College of Visual and Performing Arts, the University, and many local groups. We are always looking for new renters. If your organization is looking for a specific date we encourage you to contact the Events Coordinator prior to submitting an application to see if specific dates are available. Venue booking can start up to a year in advance and venues often fill up at least 2 to 3 months prior. Thanks for your interest in Mason's Center for the Arts.
- Second, the CFA Events and Scheduling Coordinator will review the application with the Center’s Master Calendar and contact you to verify if the requested date is available. If the date is available the Events and Scheduling Coordinator will schedule a Walk-Thru meeting for you to view the facility and to discuss your event. Your date will also be placed in a “Hold” status. However, the status is subject to change based on the needs of your event and approval of the total cost for the event. If you have already been in for a site tour or have rented our facility before a site visit might not be required.
- Third, after the Walk-Thru meeting an estimate will be created and sent to you based on the application and information from the meeting. The estimate is comprised of two elements; the base rental for the actual space and the production costs which will reflect all technical and labor needs required to execute your program.
- Once the estimate is received you have 30 days to review and approve the estimate. If the estimate is approved a contract will be created and sent for your review and signature.
- Then, once the contract has been signed by both parties and the required deposit received (50% of the base rate), your requested space will be switched from a “hold” status to a “confirmed” status!
- Finally, when an event is confirmed our technical and house staff will begin to contact you to discuss the logistics associated with your event. About a month prior to the event the Events and Scheduling Coordinator will set up a meeting with both parties to discuss the event in detail. At this point the estimate may change based on technical, house, and other needs.