Presents for Puerto Rico
The Center for the Arts is collecting items to provide holiday cheer for the citizens of Puerto Rico. In the wake of Hurricane Maria, many residents lost the items they would normally use to celebrate the festive season. We are partnering with Rosana Guernica to provide some of these items in time for holiday celebrations. All donated items will benefit Hospital Pediátrico del Centro Médico/Pediatric Hospital of Centro Medico.
November 25–December 17
Donations of the following will be accepted in the Center for the Arts lobby:
- Teddy bears or other stuffed animals
- Chemo ducks for play therapy
- Musical instruments for parranda
- Guitars and cuatros, tambourines, maracas, palitos, and guiros
- Christmas candles and matches
- Christmas lights (battery operated with batteries preferred)
Monetary donations are also being accepted to help cover the cost of transporting the items and support Rosana’s other relief efforts. Donate now.
Learn more about Rosana Guernica’s humanitarian efforts for Puerto Rico:
For more information contact: Megan DuBois at 703-993-8838.